Job Title: Support and Systems Engineer
Department: IT Services
Reports to: ITS Team Lead
Date: October 2015
Key Responsibilities include:
- Commissioning, maintaining and troubleshooting IT services corporate infrastructure.
- Windows server 2008/2012 and UNIX systems installation and administration.
- Responsible for network management, maintenance and monitoring.
- Provide technical support and user administration activities, including account and permission maintenance.
- Design and implement new technologies to improve services to the business.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining physical and virtual servers.
- Managing and updating systems’ security patches.
- Providing best tools to the employees to work efficiently.
- Technical documentation and asset management.
- Willing to be part of an on-call roster to support corporate issues.
Requirement skills and experience:
- Candidate should be in a possession of a degree in an ICT related subject.
- Certified MCSA and/or CCNA.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in a similar role required.
Experience required in the following areas:
- Setup, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows 7/8 operating system.
- Proficient with Windows Server 2008/2012 services – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, WSUS, Certificate authority, IIS.
- Strong work experience with Cisco networking technologies – switches, firewalls, access points.
- Good knowledge of UNIX operating system.
- Experience with VPN technologies, virtualization (VMware) and storage systems.
- Sound knowledge of Sharepoint and Office 365 considered an asset.
- The candidate needs to possess strong organization and self-management skills.
- Take ownership of the tasks and have strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to work on own initiative and has good sense of team work and knowledge sharing.
- Good communication and customer relationship skills.
For more information visit: http://www.ixaris.com