We would like to invite suitable qualified candidates for the role of Build Coordinator – Fixed Access reporting to the Assistant Manager – Outside Plant Manager – Fixed Access Build within the Technical team. The selected candidate shall supervise, oversee, coordinate and certify all operations activities required to build GO’s Fixed Access Network Distribution.
The main responsibilities include:
- Oversee, coordinate and certify Fixed Access Civil, Fibre and Copper infrastructure build through the mediation of designs to implementers, in line with design and priorities as set by the company. In carrying out this work, quantity control and quality audits will need to be carried out.
- Ensure that any materials supplied and designs assigned to implementers are certified fit for use according to GO’s policies and standards and act as a support contact point to implementers’ for smooth deployment solving any network build related problems.
- Ensure that the plant is being handed over with records ready for service provisioning. In carrying out this task, various demand driven passive elements will need to be installed to maintain network capacity.
- Ensure that works are being carried out according to the company’s latest health and safety and quality standards and taking corrective action, indicating the appropriate way of implementation as required.
- Ensure that procedures are followed to avoid or minimise downtime to clients through constant communication with other sections, clients and third parties as required during network reconfiguration, or works undertaken in close proximity to GO’s infrastructure.
- Take initiative to remain constantly up to date with latest technological advancement in own area of operation while advising of new ways of operating.
- Be available to carry out such ad hoc assignments as may be requested from time to time by the Company.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have 5 years’ experience in a cable plant deployment environment including cable laying, jointing and termination in DPs, cabinets and MDF.
- Possess knowledge of Fixed Access Network Planning concepts.
- Possess knowledge of Civil Engineering Work concepts.
Have expertise in outside plant deployment practices including:
- Standards and policies,
- Equipment handling and installation,
- Test and measurement procedures,
- Certification procedures
- Use of associated tools.
- Approach work with common sense and a good attitude, is adaptable to the exigencies of work and can be depended upon to see a job to its end.
- Be courteous and communicates appropriately with the public, fellow employees, supervisors and customers.
- Have GO’s success at heart and is sensitive to the impact the job and his role have on 3rd parties’ view of the company.
- Have good negotiation and communication skills.
- Be able to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and propose solutions.
- ECDL base or equivalent skills.
- Be in possession of a valid driving license.
Candidates with the below skills will be given preference:
- Full Technical Diploma / Technical Diploma or relevant qualifications.
- Proficient in the use of corporate IT systems (e.g. NITT, CRM, Dakar, Swift, IRIX etc.)