To apply follow this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=obiQ3fw6&s=MCAST_Job_Board
Members of our NOC team are passionate about technology and their jobs with a proactive and flexible attitude and an ability to tackle day to day tasks and projects with an attitude that enables them to constantly take on-board new skills.
The NOC Engineer will work with the rest of the IT department to ensure a stable IT environment for the company on a 24×7 basis. The role will be responsible for administering the online gaming production platform and monitor and report on a 24×7 basis, ensure optimum performance and availability of such platform, provide second-level troubleshooting support, and liaise with all applicable service providers and third-parties.
The main job functions of a NOC Engineer are :
• 24×7 proactive monitoring and support of the live infrastructure;
• Investigate and react to any live issues that might arise;
• Act as an escalation point for issues flagged by customer support;
• Responding to business queries in a timely manner;
• Maintain and develop the NOC’s monitoring tools;
• Maintain and develop the group’s ticketing system solutions;
• Provide technical knowledge needed to ensure effective and efficient changes to the IT infrastructure;
• Work closely with third liners to ensure system and application problems resolution is carried out directly by NOC;
• Take part in the periodic release of new software;
• Work on a roster basis, as agreed with the company, to ensure 24x7x365 coverage;
• Provide smooth shift handovers;
• Provide support for office systems, particularly outside office hours.
Are you the NOC Engineer we are looking for?
If you are you must have at least 2 years working experience in a technical support (or customer service) environment including ability to carry out general diagnostics and troubleshooting of client-side technologies.
You are an all-rounder with very good general IT Knowledge and Expertise in Networking, Linux technologies and Microsoft infrastructure backed by industry standard certifications;
Experience in Gaming and of business critical systems in a 24×7 business is a plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies, IIS and Web services;
• Good understanding of database systems and monitoring systems;
• Knowledge of networking;
• Knowledge of scripting in at least one programming language.
• Web-N-Tier technologies;
• Knowledge of TCP/IP technologies;
• Monitoring and Alerting;
• Virtualisation technologies.
Qualities and skills which are good to have:
• Problem solving skills;
• Attention to detail;
• Positive, confident and able to work under pressure and on own initiative;
• Good communication skills;
• Great team player.