We’re seeking to recruit an Infrastructure Specialist to join our Information Systems Department.
If you’re interested in joining us and satisfy the requirements outlined hereunder, then we’re interested in you.
Who we are
We’re a leading financial institution, a key player in the Maltese market and part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies. Employing a team of 220 employees, the Bank offers a full range of lending and savings solutions to both personal and business customers. We strive to offer a highly personalised service through our network of twelve retail branches spread across the Maltese Islands.
We’re a team of inspired people who believe that opportunities start with a conversation.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be responsible to:
- manage the Bank’s IT infrastructure, including hardware, software systems, virtualised environments, back-up solutions, end-user devices and cloud solutions;
- ensure the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability by maintaining monitoring systems;
- perform installations, upgrades, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and resource optimization of the Bank’s IT infrastructure;
- recognise and resolve issues impacting the Bank’s IT operation, providing 2nd level support, whilst assisting with 1st-level incidents;
- liaise and escalate issues with third-party service providers;
- maintain the Bank’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans for the Bank’s infrastructure;
- actively participate in the decision process, for the introduction of new IT systems and other infrastructure related projects;
- drive IT operations best practices; and
- maintain updated documentation related to the Bank’s infrastructure;
Competencies and experience
The potential candidate must be reliable and trustworthy, well-organised with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach. The candidate should demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
Ideally candidate will:
- be hard working, responsible, organised and an autonomous IT infrastructure specialist;
- have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in supporting and maintaining an IT infrastructure;
- possess a bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent;
- be Microsoft Azure certified;
- have knowledge and experience of Cloud platforms and Cloud architectures;
- possess excellent knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and services;
- possess excellent knowledge of Microsoft products including SCCM, Active Directory, Domain controllers;
- have experience with Microsoft 365 platform;
- have excellent knowledge in Identity management AD and Azure AD;
- have strong knowledge of VMware virtualization;
- have a strong customer focus, and knowledge of IT Service Management standards and procedures;
- be an excellent communicator, analytical and organised; and
- possess professional certifications. Specialisation in any of the above technologies will be considered an asset.
How to apply
If you want to be part of our team, we invite you to send us a detailed CV highlighting your achievements. Applications should reach us only by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.