Are you looking for a Junior Network Engineer opportunity?
Under the guidance of the direct supervisor, the selected candidate will build and operate the company's IP and transport network.
The selected candidate is expected to take prime interest in researching technologies related to IP Service Provider Network since this role is critical in providing the knowledge required to create a competitive edge and improve efficiency.
You will be responsible to:
- Operate, manage and maintain the company’s transmission equipment
- Collect statistical data of the network to ensure the appropriate forecasting, dimensioning and sizing of the various Network elements
- Implement appropriate operational procedures in accordance with international norms and standards in order to ensure that system downtime is minimised and a high-level quality of service guaranteed
- Assist and liaise with other sections in the design, the build and operation of customers’ networks
- Provide 3rd level support and liaise directly with third parties, including clients and suppliers for technical problem resolution on a 24×7 basis.
- In possession of a degree level of education in a related area
Basic technical knowledge (on the job training will be provided ) on IP and Internet related technologies to be able to operate and maintain network infrastructure, such as:
- ISP services such as email, DNS, web services, databases
- Systems: Windows, Cisco Systems, UNIX, Linux
- Networking and Transport infrastructure
- Scripting: Shell, Perl, PHP, Phyton
- Cisco certification to at least the CCNA level; training will be provided to achieve this certification.
- Must be willing to learn and able to work under pressure
- Must be a team player who listens to others and accepts input from team members
- Problem solving and logical skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed
Interested students are invited to send their CV to Kamilla on email@example.com