Maintain final product automatic inspection and personalisation software on all machines and presses equipped with such technologies.
- Create new adaptations and data holding templates, improving exiting adaptations and improve performance of ripping of data holding templates.
- In collaboration with Quality, leads spoilage reduction investigations to reduce spoilage rates.
- Contribute to the specifications and trials of new products.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide and maintain automatic inspection and personalisation software and hardware.
- Acquire expert knowledge.
- Build adaptation models and assist QC in the creation of training sets and/or other materials.
- Investigate and advise on available state of the art technologies to improve performance and reliability of such systems.
- Maintain data and generate information for investigation, analysis and customer required manifest.
- Custodian of customers’ database to ensure integrity of the personalisation process to customers’ standard.
- Support NPI and R&D trial requirements.
- Training new employees and provide technical assistance.
- Proactively communicate daily issues and progress of longer term projects.
- Ensure all operatives use the machine to their optimum performance.
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Essential Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Highly self-motivated and pro-active.
- Proficient high degree of computer literacy, including object oriented scripting (ideally C#) and hardware setup.
- Proficiency in automatic inspection systems and associated automation.
- Strong mathematical and analytical acumen.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
- Acquired knowledge in security printing materials and processes.
- Self-teaching aptitude.
- MQF level 5 in IT or Electrical Engineering.
- English – main language.
Our commitment towards the selected candidate:
- We value our employees
- We champion learning and development for all and foster an environment conducive to growth
- We offer the best conditions of employment within the industry
- We offer employee benefits including; health and well-being support
- We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace
- We recognise good performance
Applicants must send their CV to Caroline ZZammit – HR Manager on: Malta.email@example.com