The Junior Technician is responsible for handling first-level support of service requests. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of backup and disaster-recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Network Infrastructure (including cable management, patching and organisation)
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and terminal services.
- Monitoring the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in professional services automation software (PSA).
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
Additional duties and responsibilities
- Improving customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Working with the dispatcher to ensure that requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalating service requests that require engineer-level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in PSA as it occurs.
- Understanding processes in PSA by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the PSA university.
- Entering all work as service tickets into the PSA.
Knowledge, skills, and / or abilities required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changes.
- Technical awareness: ability to appropriately match resources to technical issues.
- Service awareness of all the company's key IT services, for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service-request details.
Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Those interested are to send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org