Are you a vibrant and energetic individual looking to boost your career within a technical environment? GO's Technical Team is looking for an energetic individual to join the team in the role of Junior Network Engineer – IP Core.
Working at GO means that you will start benefiting from amazing benefits such as;
- Health insurance
- Free GO services
- In-house gym
- Wellbeing incentives
- Child care subsidies
- Education Sponsorships & Training bonds
- Career Growth opportunities
- Ongoing Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Fun social events
- Sports events & fitness sessions
This is what you should have:
- A first degree in Engineering with a focus on Telecommunications
Basic technical knowledge ( we will also train you ) on IP and Internet related technologies to be able to operate and maintain network infrastructure, such as:
- ISP services such as email, dns, web services, databases
- Systems: Linux
- Networking and Transport infrastructure
- Scripting: Shell, perl, PHP,phyton
- Computer skills and IP knowledge
- Willingness to learn and the ability to work on own initiative
- Have problem Solving and communication skills
We would prefer if you also have:
- Cisco certification to at least the CCNA level; training will be provided to achieve this certification.
If this describes you that this is a glimpse of what you will be doing:
You will build and operate the company's IP and transport network with the assistance of your supervisor. You are expected to take prime interest in researching technologies related to IP Service Provider Network since this role is critical in providing the knowledge required to create a competitive edge and improve efficiency.
- Operate, manage and maintain the company’s transmission equipment
- Collect statistical data of the network to ensure the appropriate forecasting, dimensioning and sizing of the various Network elements so as to meet the demand for Service Provisioning as well as maintain the required Service Levels;
- Implement appropriate operational procedures in accordance with international norms and standards in order to ensure that system downtime is minimised and a high-level quality of service guaranteed
- Provide on the job training when necessary
- Assist and liaise with other sections in the design, the build and operation, of customers’ networks;
- Provide 3rd level support and liaise directly with third parties, including clients and suppliers for technical problem resolution on a 24×7 basis.