We would like to invite suitably qualified and experienced candidates, to apply for the post of IT Systems Engineer reporting to the Manager – NMS Operations. The purpose of this role is to assist the technical team with the setup and administration of various IT systems used to deliver a service to GO’s customers. The chosen candidate will also be providing technical assistance to other teams within the technical department on IT related matters.
The main responsibilities include:
- Administer and support the various systems in use within the technical department as provided from time to time, including:
- Linux and Microsoft Windows servers
- Virtualisation infrastructure for servers and NFV purposes
- Storage systems and related infrastructure
- Logging tools such as Splunk & Graylog
- Backup tools such as HP Data Protector
- Provide technical support and assistance in terms of new ICT related tools/systems which need to be adopted within the technical teams.
- Ensure an optimum level of system efficiency, while ensuring an acceptable level of redundancy and reliable backup management for the systems within responsibility.
- Maintain a healthy level of documentation relating to systems supported, and changes applied which provides for a good level of detail and quality.
The selected candidate must have:
- An ICT/Engineering related Degree
- Working experience in the area of IT systems, fault troubleshooting and scripting/programming.
- Fluent spoken and written English in view of constant liaising with international parties.
For more information visit: https://go.talexio.com/jobs/15330/it-systems-engineer-systems-operations-specialist