Call No. HR 2/19 dated 31/10/2019
Jobsplus Permit Number 519/2017
Words importing the masculine gender include all genders.
The Parliamentary Service invites applications for the post of Technical Support Officer (ICT/AV) in the House of Representatives, Parliament of Malta.
Terms and Conditions
- The selected applicant will be appointed Technical Support Officer (ICT/AV) with the Parliamentary Service, as established by the Parliamentary Service Act, on an indefinite basis. This is a full-time position, however the Parliamentary Service may consider engaging Technical Support Officers on a part-time basis.
- The position of Technical Support Officer (ICT/AV) is subject to a probationary period of twelve (12) months.
- The salary for the post of a Technical Support Officer (ICT/AV) is €18,743 per annum, rising by annual increments up to a maximum of €20,994 on completion of 5 years in grade, subject to satisfactory performance.
The duties of Technical Support Officer (ICT/AV) include the following:
- setup and operation of audio/visual equipment, public address systems, video-conferencing systems and security equipment installed within the precincts of the House of Representatives;
- setup and operation of a mobile TV studio available at the Parliament of Malta;
- ensuring that audio/visual equipment, public address systems, video-conferencing systems and security equipment installed within the precincts of the House of Representatives are in good working order and that the necessary maintenance is carried out;
- ensuring that the audio/video feeds of parliamentary plenary sittings and committee meetings are properly recorded, streamed and archived;
- troubleshooting problems during the parliamentary plenary sittings and committee meetings;
- ensuring the correct system operation of the Parliamentary TV channel, including scheduling of programmes;
- evaluating the need for the purchase and implementation of IT hardware and software;
- raising requests for the provision or termination of ICT services;
- assisting parliamentary officials and Members of Parliament in their ICT setup requirements including migration of data and movement of ICT equipment;
- overseeing the maintenance of the network infrastructure;
- managing the ICT inventory and maintaining appropriate stock levels of computer consumables, spares and accessories;
- responsible for the audio/visual network and server rooms;
- maintaining the required standards of safety and security of the server rooms;
- testing system applications and enhancements and assisting in User Acceptance Testing;
- providing and/or analysing data for verification or reporting purposes;
- ensuring that proper ICT procedures and practices are in place;
- administering security rights;
- providing support for the use/introduction of mobile technologies such as iOS/Android/Windows mobile devices and cloud-based computing;
- liaising with third parties providing ICT services to Parliament; and
- any other duties according to the exigencies of Parliament as directed by the Speaker or the Clerk of the House.
In the performance of their duties, Technical Support Officers should:
- display courtesy and good manners towards Members of Parliament, their superiors and colleagues, and visitors to the Parliament;
- display tact and discretion, as well as be able to work in an impartial and non-partisan manner;
- have the ability to remain calm under pressure and exercise good judgement; and
- be able to work long and sometimes unpredictable hours, including after office hours.
- By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be:
- citizens of Malta;
- (i) in possession, or have been approved for the award of, at least a Higher Technician Diploma at MQF Level 5 (subject to a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent, with regard to programmes commencing as from October 2003) or an appropriate equivalent qualification in Audio/Visual or Computer Studies; or
- (ii) in possession of a recognised (two-year full-time or equivalent) qualification at MQF Level 4 with a minimum of 120 ECTS/ECVET credits or an appropriate equivalent qualification in Audio/Visual or Computer Studies, plus two (2) years proven appropriate experience, shall be deemed to satisfy the clause 4.1 (b) (i) above. (c) of good character; and
- (d) able to communicate fluently in the Maltese and English languages.
- Applicants who, besides the requisites indicated in paragraph 4.1, have proven relevant work experience, will be given due consideration.
- Applicants must be of good conduct and must produce a Certificate of Conduct issued by the Malta Police not earlier than one (1) month from the date of this Call for Application. Applicants must state whether they have ever been in Government Service, giving details. Applicants who are in the Malta Public Service must produce a Service and Leave Record Form (GP 47).
- Applicants must be eligible to take up their due appointment, in terms of paragraph 4.1 above, not only by the closing time and date of this call for applications but also on the date of appointment.
Submission of supporting documentation
- Qualifications and experience claimed in support of the requirements set out in this call or in any related field, must be backed by certificates and/or testimonials, copies of which should be attached to the application.
- Original certificates and/or testimonials are to be invariably produced for verification at the interview. Applicants should note the requirement, where applicable, to produce MQRIC recognition statements in respect of their qualifications, or other designated authorities.
- Eligible applicants will be assessed by a Selection Board to determine their suitability for the post. The maximum mark for this selection process is 100 (hundred) marks and the pass mark is 50 (fifty) marks.
- Eligible applicants may be required to undertake a practical assessment test.
Submission of applications
- Applications, together with a curriculum vitae showing qualifications and experience, will be received by the Head, Finance and Administration Section at the House of Representatives, Parliament of Malta, Freedom Square, Valletta VLT 1111 or submitted electronically on the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than noon (12.00 pm) of Friday, 15 November 2019.
- This Call for Applications for the filling of the post of Technical Support Officer (ICT/AV) in the House of Representatives, Parliament of Malta, is being posted on the website of the Parliament of Malta at the following address parlament.mt. The telephone number of the Finance and Administration Section of the House of Representatives is: +356 2559 6227.
Other general provisions concerning this call for applications, with particular reference to:
- reasonable accommodation for registered persons with disability;
- access to application forms and related details;
- submission of recognition statements in respect of qualifications;
- publication of the result;
- the process for the submission of petitions concerning the result;
- medical examination; and
- retention of documents,
may be viewed by accessing the website of the Parliament of Malta at the following address www.parlament.mt or may be obtained from the Head, Finance and Administration Section at the House of Representatives, Parliament of Malta. These general provisions are to be regarded as an integral part of this call for applications.
31 October 2019