The Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (D365CE) Junior Developer is a member of KPMG’s Microsoft Business Solutions customer delivery team for D365CE centred solutions. The developer will assist in D365CE solutions. They will be working with both onshore and offshore development teams. They should be aware of best practices across the development lifecycle including code management, test methodologies and build processes.
KPMG’s Microsoft Business Solutions team is building a world-class Microsoft Dynamics Practice. The team is focusing on advisory, implementation and support services that relate to the execution and subsequent maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CE, F&O & BC) projects. This will include leading the implementation and support of these systems and also engagements relating to Independent Programme Assurance where third parties are delivering such programmes.
This is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a growing new business area within a market-leading firm.
- Work alongside the Solution and Technical Architects to help create high-quality design and sustainable client solutions and project documentation
- Working in an Agile, Waterfall or DevOps approach depending on the business requirements
- Working on managed services projects for customers with existing implementations of D365 CE
- Implementation of technical solutions for customer requirements in D365CE
- Ensuring all design / technical documentation is kept up to date during the development process
- Development on components outside of the core D365CE platform but within the wider Microsoft stack for example Power BI, LogicApps, Azure Service Bus and PowerApps
- Working with both on-shore and off/near-shore development teams
- Deliver all work as per Microsoft Business Solutions (MBS) Project Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully as per the SLAs: on time and on budget
- Adhere to best practice and KPMG technical standards during all development
- Ensure proper code management takes place for all development work including source control, unit-testing and code reviews
- Working alongside the Technical Architects to implement any agreed strategy for automated builds and release on projects is in place
- Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally
- Identify any risks and issues early and raise through the appropriate governance channels
- To carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Practice management team
- Represent MBS in a professional and positive manner at all times
- Be available beyond office hours to work on-call and/or extended hours
- Be ready to work under pressure
Qualification and Essential Skills:
- A University graduate with a relevant degree within a computing or business discipline
- A good understanding of best practices for .Net Development, including code management (i.e. source control), unit testing methodologies and build processes.
- Experience in a delivery-orientated IT environment using waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Technical project documentation experience especially for work packages to be implemented by offshore teams.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics Customer Engagement / CRM Online 2015, 2016 or 365 will be considered an asset.
- Experience in D365CE configuration, customisation, standard workflows, dashboards, forms, views and standard reports development is an asset.
- Preference will be given to individuals possessing any of the following:
- A Microsoft Dynamics Customer Engagement Certification (2015, 2016 or 365)
- An understanding of some of the CRM functional areas including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Service and Professional Services
- An understanding of the Dynamics 365 Common Data Model and Common Data Service, including customising or extending them for different solutions
- D365CE Integration Development using supporting Microsoft technologies such as Common Data Service, Flow, Logic Apps and Azure Service Bus
- Experience in using Azure DevOps (VSTS) for source control
- Experience in using and configuring Azure DevOps build and release pipelines
- Microsoft Power BI development
- Microsoft Power Apps development in-line with D365CE data structures
- HTML5 development in line with D365CE
- Technical knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server, Reporting Services (SSRS) Integration Services and Analysis Services
- Data migration experience in-line with D365CE including best practices around speed and efficiency
- Experience in using third-party tools for D365CE integration and migrations, for example, Scribe or Kingsway Soft SSIS adapters
- Experience and knowledge of D365CE accelerators, industry templates and add-ons as well as ISV solutions and products commonly used in D365CE projects.
- Experience working with off/near-shore team.
Microsoft Business Solutions Overview
KPMG’s Microsoft Business Solutions team is committed to providing IT solutions and managed services to clients, in order to help them accomplish their technology-enabled transformation programmes. This is carried out in collaboration with other companies of the group as well as selected business partners. Our work focuses on ERP/CRM Solutions, e-Commerce, Bespoke / Custom Development and Integration services.
Using our business and IT expertise we can help automate and transform organisations with the established business technology solutions in Dynamics 365.
Be the change and make the change. Join our talented and successful team and make the leap into the future.
Enjoy the benefits
For this exciting opportunity, we have put together a great package that combines a competitive salary with a bundle of extras, including business travel allowances and medical insurance for you and your family.