Give your career an early boost!
Work as an Junior Data Analyst/Database Administrator for one of the most reputable Gaming Regulators worldwide.
The Malta Gaming Authority is the perfect platform for you to learn and accelerate your development in a highly dynamic environment in one of the fastest
growing industries in the world; the gaming industry. Besides this, you will get the opportunity to work alongside some of the most reputable industry experts who will help you grow in the right direction in your career.
The Junior Data Analyst/Database Administrator will work closely with the Data and Records Manager with respect to the Data Strategy, IT and Software support of the Authority. The Junior Data Analyst/Database Administrator will assist the Data and Records Manager in the daily functions while ensuring that the various systems within the person’s remit are performing according to specifications and desired levels.
Key Accountabilities/Key Activities
- Responsible to assist in the evaluation of data obtained from the operators. The selected candidate should be highly analytical, driven to finding key insights through data mining large and complex data sets as required.
- Perform, extracting, restore, importing and exporting of data in various database applications (MSSQL, MYSQL, Postgres, etc…)
- Develop, Test and Implement customized SSRS reports based on the users’ needs.
- Execute all regular transaction processes necessary to maintain operations records and databases.
- Assist in implementation, testing, and validating data and software systems.
- Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Assist with ongoing data architecture processes and governance.
- Provide Helpdesk support
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, IT or a related subject
- SQL server experience with a strong relational database background.
- Knowledgeable experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks including LAMP and MEAN.
- Knowledge of XML, XSD technologies will be considered an asset
- Programming skills (in .NET technologies e.g. C#, ASP, etc.)
- Working with cross functional teams, you should be comfortable communicating with developers and stakeholders on requirements, and making sure that the databases run in the most efficient manner;
- Have a passion to learn, try new features that can help the company.
- Microsoft certification considered a plus
We are looking for ambitious, talented and enthusiastic students who are in their final year of studies of IT related degrees or recent Graduates.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV and Cover letter addressed to the Human Resources department by email on email@example.com