Malta International Airport plc is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about working with people within an Airport environment, is willing to continuously learn, develop, and be part of a high-performance culture. This vacancy has arisen within the Innovation & Technology Department.
Purpose of position
This is a junior position which is ideal for graduates who have recently obtained a degree in an ICT related field (or shall be graduating this year) and who have a passion for system administration and a flair for IT services.
The position involves managing the administrative requirements of the IT department, providing technical support through specialist knowledge on the company’s IT systems and undertaking IT operative tasks.
Overall responsibilities include system administration tasks, management of IT projects, monitoring ICT subcontractors, vendors and the service desk and service hub reports, documentation of IT related procedures and giving assistance in the design and maintenance of new IT solutions with particular reference to, security, backup, redundancy and disaster recovery.
- Oversee the daily tasks carried out by the ICT subcontractor including the installation and support of user PCs and ICT related equipment. This includes the proper installation of cables and the installation of the appropriate software.
- Review the ICT subcontractor’s service hub reports and follow-up until incidents are resolved and requests delivered.
- Ensure that critical software updates, security updates and any antivirus software updates are carried out in a timely manner by the ICT subcontractor, vendors or third-party support service desks.
- Liaise with the ICT subcontractor, vendors and support service desks to design, install, configure and maintain security, backup systems and redundancy set-ups for the company’s ICT systems.
- Work directly with end users and management in the requirements gathering for systems software and hardware, assisting in defining the project scope and translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Assist in the system analysis, design and testing of new ICT related systems, including both software and hardware architecture always ensuring that such systems are complaint with the company’s security requirements and best practices are followed.
- Provide system administration tasks on assigned MIA systems.
- Provide second and third level IT Help Desk support or escalate support to third party subcontractors or vendors as necessary.
- Manage IT projects from design to implementation in collaboration with other departments.
- Monitor the levels of security that exist in certain ICT areas such as: PC’s, servers, networks, firewalls, etc.
Requirements The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a recognized qualification in an ICT related field. Some work experience in an ICT related job will be considered as an asset.
- Be knowledgeable in:
- Office automation tools, particularly the use and troubleshooting of Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Database theory and SQL;
- In the usage of Windows basic administration tools and processes such as adding and removing user accounts and groups, sharing files and folders, setting NTFS permissions, and backing and restoring files;
- The operation, troubleshooting and backup of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems;
- The operation and troubleshooting of virtualization technology in particular Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Be able to gather and document IT systems requirements from employees and/or clients.
- Be able to present ideas, information and reports in a clear, concise format using narrative statements, spreadsheets, presentations and charts.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to master new ICT technologies.
- Keep up-to-date on IT industry standards and evolving IT technology.
- Have the willingness to learn about new systems and attend training courses, certifications, workshops and conferences, even abroad if necessary.
Students are invited to send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: “Junior IT vacancy”
Applications can also be submitted via the Malta Airport website:
The grade and salary of this position shall be commensurate with qualifications and work experience, if any.