Job position: Information Systems Security Technician
Reporting to: Chief Officer Security and Environment Area
Position Level: Technical
Department: Security and Environment Area
The scope of the position includes all MAPFRE Entities in Malta that is, MAPFRE Middlesea Plc, MAPFRE MSV Life Plc and Middlesea Assist Ltd.
- Identity Access Management to the Group’s Active Directories and other application systems for Joiners Leavers and movers;
- Carry out periodical reviews in line with the Group’s Access Control Policies including reporting to the relevant Corporate Area;
- Maintain user access matrices and ensure compliance therewith;
- Ensure compliance with security policies;
- Assist in defining security related technical requirements necessary for compliance with regulation;
- Providing second line support to End Users within the established IT Security Services framework;
- Contributing in the upgrades of IT security platforms and new execution of IT security solutions;
- Update documentation and procedures;
- Collaborate in the response security events;
- Conduct identity reviews on several core systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
As a MQF Level 4 or 5 in IT Computer Systems and Network. A B.Sc. degree in Computer Studies or equivalent Certifications from ISACA, are considered an asset.
Ideally, candidates should have a minimum of two years experience in Information Technology. Any experience on the management of Active Directories and User Access will also be appreciated.
General knowledge of industry practices, standards, and concepts within field of work. Analytical business skills.
Capable of decision making using broad management skills. Applies guidelines and procedures that leave considerable room for discretion and interpretation.
Self-motivated work under general supervision. Work is reviewed for overall adequacy in meeting objectives.
Problem Solving /Operations/Direct Work Involvement:
Develops solutions to a variety of problems, typically technical in nature, of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to and interprets policies and practices for guidance.
Contacts other departments and or external organizations or parties frequently.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Expertise in any of the following:
- Access control systems and methodology;
- Identity management and authentication systems;
- Directory services design;
- Encryption technologies;
- Data and systems integrity controls;
- Network and Internet Security;
- Audit and event management;
- Operational security controls;
- Vulnerability Analysis;
- Secure coding practices/Code review;
Demonstrated Technical Knowledge:
- TCP/IP Communications, Networking, DNS;
- Microsoft Windows—Server & Desktop;
- Oracle or other SQL database;
Demonstrated Communications and Business Skills:
- Written and oral presentation skills;
- Adherence to high standards of ethics and personal integrity, initiative, and respect for others.
- Ability to manage and prioritize, changing workloads in a challenging technical environment;
- Capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies and apply that knowledge to current efforts and plans;
- Demonstrated flexibility and capacity for creative thinking.
Maltese: Level: Excellent
English: Level: Excellent
Spanish: Level: any level is considered an asset
Those interested are to send kindly to send their CV to: JohnM@middlesea.com