Collaboration between MCAST IICT, the E-Skills Foundation and MCA was done to celebrate Code week. The event is part of the Europe Code Week 2014 event were all around Europe; IT professionals make apps, websites and lots of other things by learning to code.
The technology revolution is all around us and many of our daily interactions are with computers. Learning to code helps us understand to create the digital services we use everyday . Whether you create a website or simulate the traffic on our roads, or create an online game, coding is everywhere. It is a way of looking at the world; an enabler and a discipline, a life skill for the digital era. Learning to code is a powerful way of exploring ideas and creating new solutions for work and play.
Code week was held on the 11th October till Friday 17th October where MCAST IICT lecturers delivered a number of short sessions to the general public to experience coding though simple and practical sessions. The following sessions where delivered at MCAST IICT.
- Monday 13th October 2014– Building a desktop application – Paul Pulis
- Tuesday 14th October 2014 – Web Design – Jean Paul Tabone
- Wednesday 15th October 2014 – Coding made easy on Raspberry Pi – Conrad Vassallo
- Thursday 16th October 2014 – Building a game – Paul Pulis
- Friday 17th October 2014 – Interactive Animation (Edge Animate) – Silvio Nocilla
We take this opportunity to thank all the lecturers involved in this event.