Java Developers (Ref.: JD 04/2018)
We are looking for Java software developers to take an active part in the development, implementation and support of our world-renowned aviation related software. The role will focus primarily on project execution and providing remote support to our international clients.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Business and Computing
• Be well versed in Java Development
• Be highly self-motivated and attentive to detail
• Have the ability to solve problems and work well within a team
• Have experience in technologies such as Angular 4 and Spring Framework
• Be familiar with basic Accounting principles
Oracle DBA (Ref: ODBA 0418)
The role involves the creation and maintenance of databases required for development, testing, education and production usage. The candidate will be expected to perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases and work closely with system administration staff.
Duties include the following:
- Ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Installation of new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools
- Planning and implementation of backup and recovery of the Oracle database
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implementing and enforcing security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Performing database re-organisations as required ensuring maximum uptime of the database.
- Putting standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluating releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate. This would include planning to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Providing technical support to application development teams.
- Enforcing and maintaining database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administering all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assisting with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshooting with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Creating new database users as required.
- Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- A good knowledge of the operating system(s)
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Ability to perform both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments
- Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organisation
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- Good skills in all Oracle tools
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources
- Sound knowledge of the applications at your site
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
- A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
- A DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business.
- A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers
Software Quality Analyst (Ref: SQA0418)
Required to evaluate and test software applications by executing QA activities according to requirements, test scripts and QA practices, ensuring that products meet defined quality and performance standards. The candidate will work closely with the development team to provide feedback on design specification and help resolve any issues that arise during user acceptance testing. Responsibilities will also include the provision of on-site and telephone support to a variety of customers.
The ideal candidate would have a degree in Information Technology or related subject, experience in business software testing, have good analytical and problem solving skills, be attentive to detail with emphasis on logic and efficiency, and be self-motivated, committed and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Megabyte is the leading provider of IT services and solutions engaged in both the private and public sector. We enable entities to use information technology to solve complex organisational challenges, improve performance and offer added value to their customers. We provide bespoke software solutions, as well as hardware infrastructure, networking and system integration services using products by Oracle, HP, Cisco, VMware and Microsoft. For further company information, visit www.megabyte.net.
Applications, quoting reference number and including current CV should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to: The HR Manager, Megabyte Ltd, F4, The Technopark, Mosta MST 3000. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.