At Melita, we work with vast amounts of data locally & internationally and we need excellent analytical skills to garner insights.
As a BI Developer, you will help us to gain a competitive advantage in the market. You’ll join our dynamic team that builds reports, dashboards and analytic solutions for people across the business.
If you enjoy BigData and have real-world experience, then this is the job for you!
You will be required to:
- Aggregate large sets of data from heterogeneous sources into a data warehouse that is used extensively across the organisation.
- Write relational and multidimensional queries, whilst creating and deploying reports.
- Create high-quality datasets for business analysts’ consumption.
- Author reports for operational use.
- Extend the data warehouse model with additional dimensions and facts.
- Integrate new data sources.
- Closely work with the BI operations team to rectify identified issues.
- Recommend improvements, participate in daily stand-ups and assist in task planning.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role, relevant degree (preferably in Computer Science or BigData).
- Excellent SQL knowledge.
- Very good ETL and ELT knowledge (such as Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft Polybase, Google Cloud Dataflow).
- Very good understanding of data models and associated best practices.
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Excel.
- Preferably experience with cloud columnar databases (such as Google BigQuery).
- Basic Microsoft SQL server administration knowledge.
- Experience with data quality techniques and best practices for the verification and accuracy of data.
- Use of Project tracking software (such as JIRA).
- A collaborative approach and worked in Agile teams.
- A continuous improvement mind-set.
- Excellent Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Analysis and Integration Services experience.
- Knowledge of at least 1 data visualisation tool.
At Melita we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We always aim to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities and other diverse backgrounds, as we want our company to be more representative. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Melita has held the Equality Mark from the National Commission for the Promotion of Equality since 2010, and in 2021 was one of the first organisations in Malta to be awarded the HR Quality Mark by The Foundation for Human Resources.
For more information visit: Bi Developer 3 | Melita Malta