A Billing Specialist is required to join our Billing & Operations Support team. The selected candidate will focus on the smooth running of IT and Billing platforms by managing various systems around Melita’s CRM, billing, mediation and activation platforms.
The candidate will also be required to actively participate in cutting-edge technology projects supporting multiple services across the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Track capacity/resource utilisation of various systems, services and applications;
- Participate in design specifications of new systems and services; improve design aspects of existing systems and services and update of respective documentation;
- Introduce preventive measures to avoid system outages and improve KPIs within the billing and charging platforms;
- Liaise with local and foreign suppliers on system maintenance and upgrades;
- Determine cause of major system failures that disrupts billing operations’ activities;
- Identify, support and solve issues related to billing operations;
- Make quick, high quality decisions on complex issues;
- Ensure smooth 24×7 operations of business critical platforms.
Qualifications and desired attributes:
- Possess a degree in ICT, Engineering or a related field and proven relevant work experience;
- Solid knowledge of billing and real-time rating systems and related protocols;
- Experience on Oracle Databases (PL/SQL and basic DB Administration);
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrable competence at communicating in English – both verbal and in writing;
- Be well organised, self-motivated and able to prioritize work in relation to the organisation’s objectives;
- Has the ‘can do’ attitude and is looking to succeed.
If you would like to apply for this role, kindly send a letter of application and a detailed CV to: email@example.com
Melita is an equal opportunities employer and an achiever in the Foundation for Human Resources Awards 2011.