An Implementation Developer is required to support our Billing and Operations team for a number of projects. The selected candidate will participate in the design, development, modifications and debugging of software code based on functional and technical design specifications. Implementation Developers ensure that the code developed is maintainable and scalable, while following Melita’s software engineering standards, applicable software development methodologies and release processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise across teams on product maintenance, upgrades and roadmaps;
- Determine cause of major application system failures that disrupts business activities;
- Participate in business process modelling and/or business re-engineering;
- Ability to identify situations which require maximum care in development on mission critical systems;
- Making quick, high quality decisions on complex issues;
- Develop in a maintainable and scalable manner whilst meeting predefined deadlines.
Qualifications and desired attributes:
- Possess a degree in ICT, Engineering or a related field and/or relevant work experience;
- Solid knowledge of XML language and protocols;
- Good Knowledge of SQL – preferably Oracle;
- Experience/Sound Understanding of Software Development;
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrable competence at communicating in English – both verbal and in writing;
- Be well organised, self-motivated and able to prioritize work in relation to the organisation’s objectives;
- Has the ‘can do’ attitude and is looking to succeed.
Familiarity with Java and Linux will be considered strong assets.
If you would like to apply for this role, kindly send a letter of application and a detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Melita is an equal opportunities employer and an achiever in the Foundation for Human Resources Awards 2011.