We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is someone who can come in and hit the ground running. We are focused on multiple areas, and you would not be limited to a particular domain and technology. Good experience in database/reporting/core development is an asset. The ideal candidate would have strong, technical expertise in database, core development languages/platforms. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development.
• Develops systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
• Investigates problem areas.
• Follows the software development lifecycle.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Is capable of learning new tools and technologies and is flexible.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Software IT Engineering from a reputable university
• General programming skills
• Software development fundamentals
• Software debugging
• Software documentation
• Software testing
• Problem solving
• Unix/Linux/Windows OS experience
• Experience or familiarity with Oracle DB and SQL.
• Experience in web development.
For more information visit: https://jobsplus.gov.mt/job-seekers-mt-MT-en-GB/vacancies/Details?VacancyID=375126