PTL Limited is seeking a Junior Technical Support Engineer to maintain mission-critical systems and coordinate on-boarding of the various international clients using these systems.
The chosen candidate will join the Database & Middleware Services team that is responsible for the implementation and on-going support of these systems from a business, middleware and database perspective.
- Perform system and application software upgrades within the established change management policies.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Liaise with suppliers and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Liase with clients for on-boarding, testing and on-going support
- Participate in the 24/7 oncall rotation
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate:
- A good working knowledge of Linux, Unix, AIX or similar *nix-based operating systems. Industry certifications in any of these will be considered an asset.
- A working knowledge in the management and support of any of the mainstream relational database management systems will be considered an asset.
- A working knowledge in any of the mainstream Java-based Application servers
- Good English communications skills.
- Capability to carry out site visits (in Malta) within timeframes dictated by SLA’s.
- Experience with monitoring, troubleshooting, systems management and diagnostic tools
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants must to submit a detailed CV with a covering letter to Nathalie Gatt at email@example.com by Monday 17th July 2017. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and acknowledged after closing date. Two employer references may be requested at second interview phase.