PTL Malta is looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support the Linux and Unix server operating systems of our growing customer base.
The chosen candidate will be part of the systems engineering team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available system architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
- Deploy and configure Linux and Unix systems on a variety of hardware platforms.
- Perform system and application software upgrades within the established change management policies.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Participate in the 24/7 oncall rotation
The ideal candidate will have a minimum three years’ hands-on Linux System engineering experience and an IT degree or equivalent.
Industry certifications, such as RHCSA, RHCE, LPIC-1, LPIC-2 and LPIC-3 will be considered a major asset.
Hands-on experience with monitoring, troubleshooting and system management and diagnostic tools and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of team of IT professionals is critical.
Applicants must to submit a detailed CV with a covering letter to Nathalie Gatt at email@example.com by Tuesday 6th June 2017. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and acknowledged after closing date. Two employer references may be requested at second interview phase.