PTL Malta is looking for a Network Systems Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support the network infrastructures of our growing customer base.
The chosen candidate will be part of the systems engineering team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
• Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VOIP, VPN, QoS) • Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
The ideal candidate will have a minimum three years’ hands-on network engineering experience and an IT degree or equivalent. Candidates should possess CCNA or higher (CCNP highly valued), a deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS) and of the OSI or TCP/IP model. Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools, a willingness to join a 24/7 on-call rotation, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of team of IT professionals is critical. Applicants must to submit a detailed CV with a covering letter to Nathalie Gatt at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and acknowledged after closing date. Two employer references may be requested at second interview phase.