Learn Python through a very practical hands-on approach in this 45-hour Coding Bootcamp.
This course teaches how to develop enterprise applications using Python, one of the most popular programming languages and in high demand by the job market.
This unit is delivered in the form of a Bootcamp, and embraces the core philosophy to deliver the most valuable and practical content in the least amount of time. Through a number of hands-on practical projects, the learners will be able to learn from scratch how to develop enterprise applications using Python. By the end of the unit, the learner should have the necessary skills to find a job as an enterprise Python developer.
The Bootcamp is delivered in a very practical approach. Each learning outcome is delivered in the form of a mini-project. The theory and concepts are taught while the learners are building these mini-projects together in the class. At the end of the Bootcamp the learners are expected to build a project using all the concepts and techniques used in the previous mini-projects.
This unit assumes learners are already familiar with programming concepts and is designed for learners who have completed the Foundations of Programming short-course or who have equivalent experience.
- LO1 Develop console Python applications using core Python syntax and common Python modules.
- LO2. Develop REST API Services.
- LO3 Build Database applications.
- LO4. Develop a full-stack web application.
- Develop Python console applications.
- Design the business logical layer of a Python application.
- Design the model and storage layer of a Python application.
- Apply object-oriented techniques to create applications that-reuse or extend existing code.
- Show data in a database as easy, understandable information in an application.
- Read, save and manipulate data in databases, flat files and other formats using a Python application.
- Apply the most suitable Python module to solve a software problem.
- Use modern web frameworks to implement web applications.
Holders of the MG2I-C0527 Foundation in Programming Certificate
Prior basic knowledge and experience with any programming language. Applicants need to provide either Certificates or Letters of Reference attesting prior basic knowledge and experience in a programming language.