Melita is seeking a Converged Core Engineer within the Core Networks team. The ideal candidate will be working as part of an existing team involved in the design, upgrade and support of Melita’s core IP/MPLS and Optical network elements.
S/he will work closely with members of other technical teams (TV/Voice/Mobile/Data Centre) as well as provide support to other teams within Melita. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a challenging, specialised and constantly changing environment, where you will have an important role in the direction and progress of the company’s technical strategy. The role requires strong communication skills, strong troubleshooting skills and a willingness to constantly learn new technologies in order to handle any new technical requirements or troubleshoot issues that may arise on a day-to-day basis.
Qualifications, Specific Skills & Experience required for the role:
- Bachelors’ degree in an engineering/IT field.
- Cisco Certification (CCNA/CCNP).
- Strong understanding and practical experience with IP routing, switching, OSPF, BGP, MPLS and Optical technologies.
- Experience with designing and developing plans for network upgrades, testing and deployment.
- Strong network troubleshooting skills, to be able to assess and resolve complex networking issues quickly.
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail (detailed test plans, design documents, configuration, test results and support documentation).
- Able to research/assess new networking technologies with minimum supervision.
- Have a good command of the English language.