Melita is seeking to employ a Systems Engineer within the Core Networks Department. The role is focused on delivering Melita’s services in a consistent and reliable manner. You will be given an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a challenging, specialised and constantly changing environment, where you will have an important role in the direction and progress of the company’s technical strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
• Researching and recommending technical solutions
• Generating reports and analysing data
• Monitoring and analysing technical reports
• Maintaining equipment under your responsibility
• Researching and implementing standards
• Introducing new equipment
• Performing training duties
Qualifications, Specific Skills & Experience required for the role:
• Have a Degree in a telecommunications related field or equivalent.
• Have industry-standard certifications such as CCNA/CCNP.
• Possess experience in IP networking.
• Have at least two years of experience working in a telecommunications (or related) environment, however, new graduates are also encouraged to apply
• Knowledge in any of the following: Linux/Unix including Perl/BASH scripting,
• Be a strong team player, committed in achieving results.
• Be conversant with Windows and Unix OS.
• Be conversant with TCP/IP technologies.
• Have a good command of the English language.
• Possess a valid driving licence.