We are a proprietary trading firm with, soon to open an office in Malta, looking for graduates to help uncover and exploit trading opportunities in financial and commodity derivatives. We are particularly interested in candidates with any background in scientific research that can prove that they understand objective scientific rigour such as we use to develop our trading strategies.
We will provide datasets, and software (which we can train the employee to use). Alternatively, if there is a preference to use another language (e.g. C#, Python) we can look to accommodate that.
Knowledge of the financial markets would be a benefit but not obligatory as would be evidence of entrepreneurship. We have chosen to not make this role exclusive to MSc/PhD’s and will also consider BSc graduates.
Following initial training and with ongoing mentorship, you will be expected to develop your own trading signals, which will then be deployed and managed by the traders.
In addition to a basic salary there is a generous bonus scheme, directly proportional to trading profit derived from deployed signals. Earnings are unlimited.
Self-motivation is the most significant prerequisite, as finding viable signals is a particularly challenging task. Therefore, being able to demonstrate drive and determination during selection, will be obligatory.
- Scientific/Engineering BSc, B.Eng, MSc, PhD or similar.
- Computer literacy: Excel and at least some exposure to coding.
- A highly methodical and scientific approach to research.
- An intellectual curiosity in the financial markets.
Additional non-essential skills:
- Understanding of financial and commodity derivatives (especially short term speculation in futures and possibly cryptocurrency).
- Experience with research tools and languages: E.g. Matlab, Python, Bioinformatics.
- Experience with any automated trading software: E.g. Tradestation, Metatrader, TT, CQG, Quantopian.
If interested, please submit CV and covering letter to: email@example.com