Leading digital agency The HIVE Ltd. is expanding its development team and is looking for web developers to join its in-house team of geeks.
Web developer – The Role:
Web Developers – will be responsible for:
• Creating / Modifying / Updating WordPress websites
• Integrating and extending third-party plugins and themes
• Testing upgrades to existing websites and new ones alike
• Integrating of web services and other feeds
• Writing efficient code using industry best practices
• Writing and Maintaining technical documentation
• Cooperating with UX experts to ensure visual design intent is matched
• Troubleshooting and issue resolution
Web Developer/s – needs to have:
• Proven working experience using WordPress, particularly with WooCommerce
• Significant experience with WordPress theming: template hierarchy, hooks, WP_Query, and so on
• Experience with Less or Sass
• Familiarity with current best practices in front-end dev regarding semantics, performance, cross-browser consistency, etc.
• Know-how of Search Engine Optimisation tactics
• Familiarity with command line tools like git, gulp and wp-cli
• Strong organisational skills
• In-depth knowledge of industry best practices
• Experience in common third-party APIs (Google Maps, Google Analytics, Facebook Graph API and similar)
• Ability to review designs and anticipate questions, problems and issues with responsive/interactive elements that may not have been fully considered
If you want to be one of our next Web Developers, drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and links to work you’ve done that we should see, such as recent websites, git repos, or contributed plugins/modules/themes.