To form part of the CRM team responsible of ensuring the smooth running of all production and test applications and systems as required by the business.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Planning and implementing CRM projects according to business requirements.
- Planning and implementing operational projects to enhance the reliability, capacity and availability of IT services and to maintain business continuity.
- Implementing performance and logical enhancements to OS, middleware, applications and integration layers.
- Troubleshooting, prioritising & performing post-mortem analysis on issues/faults for root cause identification and correction.
- Performing black/grey-box identification & escalation of application bugs to internal software development team or 3rd parties through rigorous application technical testing with Quality Assurance teams.
- Implementing workaround solutions till official patches are released & implemented. Testing bug fixes on in-house/3rd party developed applications in staging environments and commissioning to production environments.
- Researching, test and becoming a reference point on new/current technologies including Operating Systems, middleware, High Availability, load-balancing and clustering techniques.
- Automation of monitoring/alarming for all key/critical components including usage, health & end-to-end availability KPIs.
- Implementing and testing of Disaster Recovery procedures including backup/restore and OS/application cluster failover troubleshooting.
- Commissioning, maintaining and troubleshooting IT Services infrastructure throughout its lifecycle and planning for replacements prior to EOL (end-of-life).
Technical / Professional Expertise
- B.Sc. ICT or B.Eng.(Hons.) University Degree or equivalent. IT relevant Degree.
- Expertise in supporting Java applications and Apache Tomcat.
- Expertise in maintaining Windows OS (2003 server and higher)
- Expertise in maintaining Linux/UNIX OS (Red Hat, Cent OS, Oracle Linux, Solaris).
- Expertise in Shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Oracle/MySQL/MS-SQL schema administration
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL development.
- Java/C development will be considered an asset.
- Must have very good Analytical and Communication Skills.
- Having good knowledge of various internal and external Vodafone Systems is considered as an Asset.
- Having good business knowledge of business products and services is considered as an Asset.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with flexibility in order to deliver on project requirements.
How to apply
- Interested applicants are to submit an application by logging onto http://careers.vodafone.com.mt/Browse/Details/9201
- Closing date: 29th May 2015
- All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strict confidence