To form part of the applications and databases team responsible of designing and maintaining the production and test databases of the company while ensuring the smooth running of all related software and applications.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Installation of Oracle and Microsoft Databases
- Perform Tuning Exercises for Oracle DBMS
- Planning and implementing projects according to business requirements.
- Planning and implementing operational projects to enhance the reliability, capacity and availability of IT services and to maintain business continuity.
- Implementing performance and logical enhancements to OS, middleware, applications and integration layers.
- Troubleshooting, prioritising & performing post-mortem analysis on issues/faults for root cause identification and correction.
- Performing black/grey-box identification & escalation of application bugs to internal software development team or 3rd parties through rigorous application technical testing with Quality Assurance teams.
- Implementing workaround solutions till official patches are released & implemented. Testing bug fixes on in-house/3rd party developed applications in staging environments and commissioning to production environments.
- Researching, test and becoming a reference point on new/current technologies including Operating Systems, middleware, High Availability, load-balancing and clustering techniques.
- Automation of monitoring/alarming for all key/critical components including usage, health & end-to-end availability KPIs.
- Implementing and testing of Disaster Recovery procedures including backup/restore and OS/application cluster failover troubleshooting.
- Commissioning, maintaining and troubleshooting IT Services infrastructure throughout its lifecycle and planning for replacements prior to EOL (end-of-life)
Technical / Professional Expertise
- B.Sc. ICT or B.Eng.(Hons.) University Degree or equivalent IT relevant Degree.
- 1year working experience in a similar environment
- Expertise in Oracle Database Administration
- Expertise working with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Good Knowledge on Oracle Partitioning
- Excellent Knowledge in Oracle PLSQL Tuning
- Expertise in Shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of database tuning and parameter optimisation.
- Working knowledge of high availability mechanisms (clustering, load balancing)
- Working knowledge of Oracle/MySQL/MS-SQL schema administration
- Must have very good Analytical and Communication Skills.
- Having good business knowledge of business products and services is considered as an Asset.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with flexibility in order to deliver on project requirements.
How to apply
- Interested applicants are to submit an application by logging onto http://careers.vodafone.com.mt/Browse/Details/9200
- It is important that all applicants inform their Manager prior to submitting their application.
- Closing date: 29th May 2015
- All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strict confidence