To perform systems analysis, write and document software, and provide other technical input as required according to specifications and within set time frames.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
Execution of software development life cycle:
- Analysis of requirements and detailed design
- Software build, customisation, configuration and testing
- Application software maintenance(for in-house developed software)
- Active participation in application deployment/integration
- Participation in decision processes related to shared services build (databases and middleware)
Project team member:
- Active participation in internal and external project teams, representing the Technology Department
- Undertakes to promote teamwork and commitment with peers and other departments
Assess industry developments:
- Keeps up-to-date with industry developments, ensuring that best practice is adopted and seeks to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Undergoes training and personal development courses as arranged by the Company
Technical / Professional Expertise
- I.T. related professional University degree
- 2 years experience working in J2EE / J2SE including SOAP, Web Services, Servlets, JSP, XML/HTML. Knowledge of Java-based frameworks such as Hibernate and Spring would be considered an asset.
- 2 years experience working with Oracle and PL/SQL. In addition experience in MySQL and MS SQL would be considered an asset.
- Hands on experience in application servers and middleware (e.g. Apache Web Server, Tomcat and Glassfish).
- Minimum basic knowledge of IP protocols
- Knowledge of UML, Scrum and other methodologies
- Knowledge of telecommunications network systems and services as well as other programming languages will be considered an asset.
How to apply
- Interested applicants are to submit an application by logging onto http://careers.vodafone.com.mt/Browse/Details/10087
- Closing date: 29th May 2015
- All applications will be acknowledged and treated in strict confidence