The SysOps Engineer is responsible for delivering highly available and scalable environments for cutting-edge technologies. The chosen candidate must be flexible to constant business and technology change, with the ability to interact and communicate collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Continue to build Vodafone’s portfolio of System Operations processes, practices and tools to empower and support operational teams.
- Work closely with DevOps and be involved in the initial design for new services and platforms to ensure that future-proof solutions are implemented.
- Continue maintaining and implementing new automation and orchestration tools with the intention of minimizing operational burden.
- Ensure availability, scalability, maintainability, monitoring of systems and achieve outstanding operational stability.
- Foster self-service and efficiency and wherever possible automating the processes of provisioning and maintaining continuous integration environments, supporting application operations activities, security and configuration.
- Continuously evaluate products, tools and solutions to enhance service capabilities.
- Work with the ultimate goal of detecting, investigating and mitigating incidents that impact operational stability.
Behaviour and Competencies
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements and develop solutions
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong creativity, problems solving skills and ability to apply original thinking to produce new ideas and innovative solutions
- Strong collaboration skills that enable coordination of activities between technical teams
- Willingness to track, assess and incorporate practice and technology developments into day-to-day working
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and learn new skills rapidly
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Information Systems or other related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience maintaining, servicing and supporting enterprise grade services and platforms.
- Extensive experience with a wide array of operating systems, especially Linux.
- Extensive experience with virtualisation and orchestration technologies, such as VMWare, Docker, Docker Swarm / Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Ansible, Minio, GlusterFS, etc.
- Extensive experience in scripting, such as Bash or Perl
- Extensive experience with a number of database technologies, including RDBMSs and NoSQL.
- Knowledge of load balancers, such as F5.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Technologies, networking protocols and client-server communication.
- Previous experience working in an agile environment with multiple teams.
- Previous experience in designing, testing and deploying cutting-edge environments supporting continuous integration and delivery using a variety of technologies.
If interested apply here.