JOB TITLE: JUNIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
BRAND: WHITE NOVEMBER CORPORATE SERVICES
REPORTING TO: IT MANAGER
Ensures the stable operation of the in-house computer network and all connected PCs and peripherals, including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
Analyzes and resolves user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provides user training where required.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshooting of Computers/office servers and data protection
- Network maintenance
- Web server management (Linux) and security
- Other IT related office operations
- Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
- Design and implement system security and data assurance.
- Configure and install computer systems for other organizations.
- Test software applications and systems.
- Analyze users' needs.
- Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions including algorithms that tell computer users what to do.
- Basic knowledge of PHP/MySQL
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have the necessary technical skills, experience and competence to immediately add value to the work of the Company, Team and Clients and to ensure the timely delivery of delegated tasks and quality services under minimal supervision. The appointee will:
- Possess very good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Be results oriented.
- Be able to provide examples of having worked on their own initiative and in teams in the past.
- Be capable of exercising a high degree of delegated responsibility.
- Have good organizational, and technical skills relevant to the role with the ability to problem solve, pay attention to detail and deliver work to a high standard and to tight deadlines.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or diploma in a computer-related discipline.
- Good knowledge of and experience with various technologies.
- Ability to facilitate and support team members.
It is understood that the above role description may change in accordance with the demands and exigencies of the Company and that all Company Policies are adhered to at all times. For more information please send an email to: Christine.Williams@whitenovember.com